Saturday, September 27, 2008


Whenever I see grape vines, I remember my childhood. It was behind my house that I used to spend hours climbing, swinging, and jumping, on grapevines. I remember having a large imagination as a child, as my ability to play was much greater than it is now. I used to get lost in my imagination, as hours would fly by while i was among the grapevines.

For some reason, among adults we frown upon play and imagination. Certain words are given to adults who get lost in their imagination, and play without restraint. I don't know why we have come to this as "mature people". After all it is through our imagination and play that we can have faith, and it is through play that God desires his people to declare his glory.

"Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy."-Psalm 33:3
Christ instructs us to reveive salvation, not as well thought-out and rational adults, but as that of children geting caught up in the vines.
"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."-Mark 10:15
Push me back into the vines O Lord,
and expand my imagination once again.
Help me leave the rationale of my mind O God of play,
and let me jump into the playfullness of faith. Amen.

No comments: